ADB and Fastboot on Mac: By following this guide users can easily install the ADB and Fastboot on your devices such as Mac OS, Linux, and Windows. And in the previous article, we have covered how to install the ADB and Fastboot on Windows version. Now we are going to discuss ADB and Fastboot on Mac. These are the two important tools for the Android devices and there you can mess up with your Android devices with the help of custom ROMs. And as well as rooting the phone and trying to access the sideload or install apps manually with the help of command line.
ADB is most widely used which performs various actions on the Android mobile which are not possible directly from your mobile. And in the same way, we can install the system packages and as well as the entire firmware files or root your phone. In fact, they can do anything starting from backing up your device and changing the resolution of your screen, Rooting your phone, hundreds of tweaks and customizations.Whatever the device might be we can easily download and install on any of the three OS with just a few clicks.
Download ADB and Fastboot on Mac
Here is the list of the minimum requirements set by Google to run the installation smoothly without any issues. Check out the following requirements.
- Operating System – Mac OS
- Minimum 2GB RAM and 8GB RAM Recommended.
- Available Disk Space – 500 MB
- Screen Resolution – 1280/800
Step to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS
- First of all download the Android Command Tool for Mac OS.
- Next, open the downloaded ZIP file and extract it on your Mac.
- Now open the folder which you extracted and ensure that you see the files and folder s as shown below.
- Next, reach out to the directory and look up for the Android icon.
- If you double click on the Android App a terminal window appears and later you can see the Android SDK Manager window and open it.
- And this is the Android SDK Manager which is used to download ADB and Fastboot on Mac.
- You can see that several items will be checked on your Android SDK Manager and hence you need to uncheck all the items except the Android SDK Platform tools. This step is for downloading the ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Click on the install package button. And the another Window will pop up on the screen and select the Android SDK platform tools package. And accept the license options.
- Now click on install button and it takes a few seconds to install depending on the speed of the internet.
- And if the downloading process is completed then you will prompt to the similar screen as shown below.
- Next close all the windows along with the Android SDK Manager.
- Now go to the Android-SDK-MacOSX directory.
- After this, you can see the platform tools as shown below.
- Next, open the Platform tools directory and then you must be able to ADB and Fastboot Apps along with the other tools.
Yes, now you have successfully installed the ADB and Fastboot on your Mac OS using the Android SDK Manager. To use the any of the above tools open the new terminal window. And navigate to Android-SDK-MacOSX/platform-tools for starting the ADB or Fastboot on your Android device.