Android SDK: Hello readers. Here in this article, you can learn about the Android SDK. Now let us enter into the main concept of the Android SDK. It is the component of the entire Android Studio setup. This Android Software Developer Kit SDK has the two important tools that are very much necessary for tweaking the Android mobile. They are ADB and Fastboot. ADB in a sense Android Debug Bridge. Actually, why do we need the ADB and Fastboot? Yes, these are needed for rooting our Android devices, debug apps, install custom ROMs, collecting the system data and as well as perform many other system tweaks which are not possible.
We can also flash bootloader updates or flash system images of no.of Android updates. Therefore similarly the ADB allows accessing your phone directly from the computer while connecting with USB cable using the command line tools. And also we recommend you to have the USB drivers and properly installed on your Android phones. This Android SDK is a part of the Android Studio, Google new IDE for Android Development.
What is Android SDK/ADB on Windows
The Android SDK (Android Software Developer Kit) simply known as the Android Software Developer SDK. ADB is now with all the advanced users of the Android must also install it on the Windows users. And in fact, this tool stands behind every developer who works in developing and as well as testing new apps for updating, improving and unchaining on different versions of the Android operating systems.
This Android SDK is used for developing new apps, but it has more than that. All ADB Commands perform various operations such as updating custom ROMs, rooting or applying the customization and as well as the optimization for improving the better performance of the Android device. And we have observed that many users are facing the difficulty while installing the Android SDK on the computers. Hence we came up here to guide you.
Basic Requirements of Android SDK
In the following list, we have given some of the basic requirements while installing the Android SDK. Make sure that you are having the following requirements while installing the Android SDK on your device.
- Download Java Development Kit (JDK)
- For developing the new apps, you must have Eclipse IDE and ADT Plug in.
- Install Eclipse on your PC and at the same time go to Window >>> Android SDK >>> AVD Manager.
Steps to Install Android SDK/ ADB on Windows
- For using the Android SDK, you need to download the little edition. Hence, therefore, download the starter package and save the file on the desktop.
- Extracts the file and place it on the C drive like “C:\android-SDK-windows.”
- Now go to the folder and open the SDK Manager.
- Here select the Android SDK Platform tools, revision 6 and start the installation process.
- Move on to the available packages >>> Third Party Apps >>> Google Inc.add-ons >>> Check Google USB Driver Package revision 4 and install it.
- Open the computer click on Start/Windows button >>> Control Panel >>> System properties.
- Next, choose the Advance System Settings and followed by Environment Variables.
- Scroll down until you see Path and click on same.
- In the value field, at the end of the line and add C:\android-SDK-windows\platform-tools;C:\android-SDK-windows\tools”.
- Next click on OK and Exit.
- Now open your Android mobile and then enable the USB debugging option Settings >>> Applications >>> Development.
- And then connect your handset to the computer using the USB cable.
- Install the proper drivers on your phone/tablet.
- Open the command prompt on your computer.
- In the cmd window type “adb devices.”
- And if your device is listed in the cmd then your work is done.
And if you are having any issues then try to follow the below-given list.
- Open the Device Manager by right clicking on “My Computer.”
- And the yellow exclamation mark will reach near the unknown device group.
- Now right click on ADB and select ‘Update Driver Software’ then browse and choose let me pick. Click on Have Disk then browse.
- Move to the path C:\android-SDK-windows\extras\google\usb_driver and choose android_winusb.inf and click on the Android ADB interface.
- And you can ignore all the warnings.
- After the completion of the installation re open the cmd and type ‘adb devices’ and now everything will work perfectly.