Kodi Chromecast: Hello friends!!! Chromecast is the streaming dongle made by the Google search engine. The main usage of this chromecast is to stream content directly from your mobile device to your Television. It is very helpful while streaming the things from Youtube to your TV. The Kodi Chromecast directly download the content from the Youtube or other services so that there is no need to do any work.
Kodi is a multimedia software which is made of Home Theatre PC setup. This can be used on a wide range of devices like Android mobile phone, Tablet, and as well as Smart TV, PC, iPad and other devices, etc. Using the Kodi App, you can stream the content from various devices like Netflix, Youtube along with the torrent sites. Therefore, you can stream the new movies and songs with High HD quality.
Kodi Chromecast: Methods and Benefits
We can chromecast the Kodi in three different ways. The first two approaches will be done in Android device whereas the third one will be carried out using the PC.
The most important thing you have to note is that you can’t use the Kodi for Chromecast using the iOS device.
Installation of Kodi on Chromecast gives many advantages such as you can watch the movies and TV shows in a much larger and on a big screen than on an Android mobile or a PC. The installation steps are also quite easy.
To download the Kodi for Chromecast on your device you must have the following things. They are Google Chromecast Dongle, Kodi Movie App on either of the devices with a proper internet connection to download the streaming parts. These methods are explained in a simple manner in the below section.
Ways to Download the Kodi Chromecast
1 Kodi on Chromecast from Android
- The first thing you have to do is to launch the ES File Explorer and then click on Menu Button on the top left corner.
- Go to Settings >>> Display Settings and enable “Show Hidden Files” option.
- Now Go back to the Menu and again. Next, go to the Favorites and click on Download.
- When you go to the downloads, you will see the player core factory.XML file. Long press on file and copy the file.
- Next go back to the Menu >>> Local >>> Device
- Now navigate to the SD card.
- Also, make a copy of the core factory.xml in the user data folder.
- Close the ES file explorer and launch the Kodi.
- Finally, select the chromecast and the video begins to stream on the Chromecast.
2 Kodi for Chromecast using a PC Windows
The next process is to download the Kodi Chromecast on Windows PC. This is also any easy method to compare to the first method.
- Firstly, you have to install the Kodi App on your PC.
- After downloading install the App by following the instructions.
- In this method, we use the Google Chrome along with the extension called ‘Google Cast.’
- If there is no Chrome browser on your PC, then you can download.
- Now Open the Chrome browser and then Go to the menu option and in the top right corner click on ‘Extensions.’
- Search for the ‘Google Cast’ and install the extension. You can observe a cast button on the top right corner of the display.
- Click on the button, and a small pop-up window appears on the screen. Then click on ‘Cast to’ to reveal the drop down menu and then select the Cast Desktop option.
- Now you have to select your chromecast device from the list, and your PC streams to your Chrome Cast connected TV.
- Finally, open Kodi Chromecast and then you can play any video on your PC as well as on your TV.