Sideload ROMs using ADB – On the line, Android OS is leading the tech world. Most of the customers are using Android devices because of its great functionalities as well as user-friendly features. Day-to-Day, technology advancements are reaching the skies. Developers are now moving towards Android customization to add ample features to it in the form of Zip Mods as well as Customs ROMs. With the help of Android SDK, development of Android has been carrying out. Moreover, Android SDK is a tool kit that builds a bridge between Android gadget and ADB Sideload, ADB, besides Fastboot which are PC usage tools.
Almost all the Android users know about the ADB drivers or tools. ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is one of the most popular command line tool that supports in creating a bridge between PC and Android device. Because of this bridge, one can carry out development as well as testing processes easily. Notably, you have to enable USB Debugging option for the proper working of ADB. Also, enabling USB Debugging builds a bridge between PC and Android device successfully. With the latest version USB Drivers installed on your PC, as well as, USB Debugging option enabled, ADB tool is ready to use successfully. Well, go through the complete post and get steps to Sideload ROMs using ADB command line tool.
Sideload ROMs using ADB
To sideload ROMs as well as Zip Mods with the help of ADB Command Line tool, you need to make sure of few things. The process needs different pre-requisites, such as:
- You have to backup the most important data which in your device’s memory.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device is 75% or above. It’s to prevent shutting down of your device in the middle of the process.
- Also, enable the USB Debugging option on your system.
- Download as well as install the latest version USB Drivers on your desktop system.
- Install as well as setup Fastboot and ADB drivers on PC. Otherwise, download Fastboot SDK as well as ADB Platform tools. Else mfastboot-v2.zip file and then extract it to folder.
Steps to Sideload ROMs and Zip Mods making use of ADB Command Tool
Here’s a simple procedure to Sideload ROMs using ADB as well as Sideload Zip Mods with the help of ADB Command line tool.
- Make sure that you have met all the pre-requisites.
- Open Fastboot or else ADB folder. Press as well as hold Shift Key and then right click the folder. Select Open Command Window.
- Copy the files that you need to flash Fastboot or ADB folder.
- Power off the device and then start into recovery mode. Also, you can use Reboot Manager Application.
- Once your enter into recovery mode, start connecting your Android device to the PC. Now, follow the steps available here depending on the custom recovery that you have installed.
- TWRP – Go to the Advanced >> ADB Sideload
- For CWM – Go to the Install option >> Install the Zip from Sideload
- Once you have begun ADB Sideload in the recovery mode, then enter the following command here.
- adb sideload <filename.zip> (Here, you have to enter the Zip package name which you wish to flash over your Android gadget). For Example, the command should be like : adb sideload examplefilename.zip
- Now, you can see the progress bar over the command prompt. It will indicate that zip file is copied on to the device. Once it’s moves, automatically it gets installed.
- Once all the files are completely flashed, then you can restart your gadget to normal mode.
- You can now Sideload ROMs as well as Zip Mods making use of ADB commands. Then un-brick or else update your Android device.